Location: Evanston, Illinois
Department: Law External Partnerships
This position creates, manages, and executes marketing projects for the Professional and Continuing Legal Education events and programs, and other Office of External Partnerships projects, as requested.
The Assistant Director has the following responsibilities for the Office: provide thought leadership, implement creative marketing tactics and communications to extend the reach and reputation for all programs and Institutes, and serve as a creative marketing tactics and communications expert for the professional legal market. The Assistant Director will gather data and analyze results of marketing efforts to assess the success of marketing tactics, provide reporting on the outcome of various outreach efforts, and provide recommendations for improvement.
The Assistant Director will manage and execute the Affiliate and Sponsorship programs for all Institutes, including building and maintaining relationships with firm contacts, creating prospectus documents, assessing outreach opportunities for revenue generation, and performing all logistics follow-up.
In consultation with the Law School’s Marketing Department, this position is responsible for developing and executing marketing tactics and communications plans and activities and creating all media and graphics to expand the reach and revenue of the Office of External Partnerships. The position reports to the Director, Professional & Continuing Legal Education.
- Manage the marketing tactics and communications for Professional and Continuing Education events and programs, and other Office of External Partnerships projects.
- ASSISTANT DIRECTORSHIP
- Manage day-to-day marketing outreach operations for optimal creativity, effectiveness, efficiency. Ensure consistently high-quality standards across all projects.
- Develop and execute marketing and communications plans for various programs and Institutes, developing tailored approaches and creating materials and/or using mediums appropriate for targeting potential customers (including print, digital, and social media).
- Leverage CRM database for business development purposes including analyzing conversions, reporting and tracking target markets and building and maintaining outreach lists.
- PROCESS IMPROVEMENT
- Develop and implement marketing evaluation processes, including quantitative and qualitative measurements that ensure that project benchmarks are successfully attained and communicated in a timely and efficient manner.
- Monitor, measure, and communicate the effectiveness of marketing initiatives and implement changes as necessary. Examples include but are not limited to assessing the satisfaction of organizational partners.
- Create practices, procedures, and metrics to measure marketing tactics and communications success, including generating post-event marketing reports and analysis. Develop and implement ideas for improving related business processes and for increasing project revenues and margins.
- Provide data analytics expertise to inform and develop insights.
- MARKET GROWTH
- Conduct research of prospective targets, industries, markets and competition via online databases and news aggregates.
- Explore and identify growth opportunities and design marketing strategy to address growth plan.
- Manage multichannel marketing campaigns for the Professional and Continuing Legal Education programs and other Office events to ensure effective reach.
- Stay abreast of the state-of-the-art in marketing tactics and communications best practices to serve as an expert resource.
- Design, develop and coordinate the production of customer communications, including e-announcements, invitations and alerts.
- Write content, design graphics, and generate distribution methods for campaigns to include e-mail blasts, direct mail, web and other communications for external audiences.
- Develop creative website content, photos, graphics/multi-media, SEO and SEM of related sections of the Law School website and work with colleagues including the Law School web team on associated marketing initiatives.
- Manage primary setup of digital platform for events and coordinates with vendor as needed.
- Build and maintain database consistent with target markets and prospects. Maintain clean and accurate data.
- Design and implement social media plan and ensure its integration with broader integrated marketing efforts.
- Develop and execute outreach plan for Professional and Continuing Legal Education and Office of External Partnerships organizational partners.
- Engage in outreach and field relations in relationship building to support continued project development and improvement.
- Coordinate and manage Affiliate and Sponsor programs for all Professional and Continuing Legal Education events including relationship management, lead generation, solicitation (warm and cold calls) and follow-through and logistical support (on and off site).
- Develop and execute Professional and Continuing Legal Education and Office of External Partnerships branding and visual identity.
- Design, create and execute all print, online and multi-media design projects to convey messaging, enhance awareness and expand reach of programs, including designing event images and branding materials.
- Manage the marketing collateral production process from concept to completion in accordance with the Law School brand identity and collaborating with other Law School departments to ensure consistency in style, tone and quality.
- Customize branding to all audiences relevant to External Partnerships and continually evaluate and re-assess branding needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, journalism, communications or the equivalent combination of experience, training and education from which comparable skills can be acquired.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing and communications.
- Demonstrated success in creative marketing tactics and communications.
- Ability to travel and attend and assist with event programs annually.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Must be a self-starter who thrives on juggling numerous, high visibility projects on fast and tight time tables and is capable of handling pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Collegial, collaborative and team player mindset.
- Positive attitude.
- Poise, tact and professionalism when interacting with internal and external contacts.
- Proficiency with InDesign.
- High proficiency with graphic design software (currently Adobe creative suite)
- High proficiency with CRM software (currently Salesforce)
- High degree of understanding of multi-media and social media.
- Experience and expertise with LinkedIn.
- Experience in legal marketing and communications.
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Proven ability to set day-to-day priorities based on incoming requests and overall objectives of the department and Law School, as well as the ability to anticipate issues and opportunities and address them with little or no supervision.
- Identify and effectively use data, experience and judgment to formulate realistic and sound points of view and effectively communicate the same to manager and team members.
- Working knowledge of CSS and HTML.
- Proven record of fiscal responsibility.
- Ability and experience designing and executive social media campaigns.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills with an ability to synthesize, interpret, and summarize large amounts of information.
At Northwestern, we are proud to provide meaningful, competitive, high-quality health care plans, retirement benefits, tuition discounts and more! Visit us at https://www.northwestern.edu/hr/benefits/index.html to learn more.
Work-Life and Wellness:
Northwestern offers comprehensive programs and services to help you and your family navigate life’s challenges and opportunities, and adopt and maintain healthy lifestyles.
We support flexible work arrangements where possible and programs to help you locate and pay for quality, affordable childcare and senior/adult care. Visit us at https://www.northwestern.edu/hr/benefits/work-life/index.html to learn more.
Professional Growth & Development:
Northwestern supports employee career development in all circumstances whether your workspace is on campus or at home. If you’re interested in developing your professional potential or continuing your formal education, we offer a variety of tools and resources. Visit us at https://www.northwestern.edu/hr/learning/index.html to learn more.
Northwestern strongly recommends COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters for people who can obtain them as a critical tool for minimizing severe illness. More information can be found on the
Create a Job Alert for Similar Jobs