Director of Marketing and Public Relations (BSWRI)
Baylor Scott & White Health
Location: Dallas, Texas
Internal Number: 24001826
Dir Marketing and Public Relations for Baylor Scott & White Research Institute (BSWRI) is responsible for planning, developing, and implementing marketing programs, which includes internal and external communications, consumer or physician-targeted marketing, and public relations for BSWRI. The role will oversee stakeholder and patient communications for Baylor Scott & White Research Institute-led programs and studies. Develops short and long-term strategies to increase research participation and attract new researchers and studies, strengthen the BSWRI brand, and grow recognition with funding agencies. Conducts analysis of healthcare research trends and assesses opportunities to inform the marketing and PR strategy. Evaluates and adjusts marketing strategy to respond to the competition and recommends changes to senior leadership. Develops and implements marketing policies, processes, and best practices that promote the growth of BSWRI and align to overall BSWH business objectives. This role will enhance the company's image by sharing the innovations born from the BSWRI.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
1. Directs marketing and public relations programs for assigned area of responsibility for BSWRI.
2. Functions as the day-to-day lead on all BSWRI communications and marketing initiatives, which includes building client relationships and orchestrating multiple workstreams.
3. Recommends and implements strategic and operational plans and priorities for complex, goal-focused marketing programs aligned to BSWH overall business objectives.
4. Creates and executes marketing plans for the assigned area, including tactic development, messaging and design direction, and results measurement.
5. Directs the development and implementation of marketing, advertising, and digital messaging that creates awareness of and builds preference for BSWRI and its programs.
6. Leads external vendors, graphic designers, film producers, photographers, and agencies to create and implement marketing campaigns and deliverables.
7. Leads marketing competitive analysis, evaluates service line and research opportunities, and reviews industry and market trends to make data-driven recommendations for use in marketing and business strategy development.
8. Partners with internal cross-functional teams and external stakeholders to lead the integration and execution of multi-channel marketing and public relations to foster profitable growth of BSWRI and BSWH.
9. Directs coordination of internal and external marketing events, including promotion of event, set-up, onsite logistics/representation, and evaluation of its effectiveness.
10. Develops and implements a comprehensive communications strategy for BSWRI, aimed at raising its profile amongst key stakeholders.
11. Crafts key messages and talking points for BSWRI key stakeholders.
12. Manage the production of multimedia assets, e.g., graphics and videos, in line with brand identity, with support of designers and external consultants on an as-needed basis.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, advertising, or related field preferred.
2. 5+ years of experience in marketing, public relations, or related area, preferably in healthcare. 3. Experience in a leadership role preferred. 4. Successful track record at developing and implementing a marketing/PR strategy across a variety of channels relevant to a client's key audience. 5. Knowledge of marketing media, including digital, paid, and social media campaigns. 6. Ability to amplify a message across multiple channels. 7. Experience managing external partners and vendors with multiple timelines and project requirements. 8. Ability to collaborate and build consensus. 9. Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills. 10. Strategic thinker with excellent client service skills.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following - Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits - 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5% - Tuition Reimbursement - PTO accrual beginning Day 1 Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - Bachelor's or 4 years of work experience above the minimum qualification
- EXPERIENCE - 3 Years of Experience, 5 years very highly preferred
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!