Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
We are seeking an Associate Director of Digital Analytics! This position assesses and optimizes website and other digital communication engagement to drive data-informed decisions that support the marketing objectives of the Tepper School of Business.
Robust data analysis and reporting are key responsibilities of this role, which support digital marketing implementation and evaluation (website, email, ad campaigns) and cross-channel reporting (Google Analytics).
This role is responsible for website performance analytics and other metrics such as digital ad campaigns, social media engagement, and earned and paid media campaigns. These analytics drive data-informed decisions that support return on investment related to advertising, content, optimization, systems integration, and marketing campaigns. The person in this role presents and clearly explains data to collaborators, and makes recommendations to improve outcomes.
This role also supports website content management, working collaboratively with team members and internal partners. Other responsibilities include email marketing and other duties as assigned.
You should demonstrate:
- The ability to balance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, with changing priorities.
- Understanding of website UX, page layout best practices, and user testing platforms such as Crazy Egg, Hotjar or Optimizely.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within the Tepper School of Business. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Robust analytical skills assessing data to inform and recommend solutions.
- Deep knowledge and experience in website optimization, performance measurement, email marketing, and digital marketing.
- Experience with search engine optimization (SEO) research methods, performance tracking (such as Semrush or Moz), and standard processes for optimizing content for search.
- Proficiency with Google Analytics 4, Google Tag Manager, Google Looker Studio as well as email marketing platforms and data-oriented dashboard systems.
- Working knowledge of content management systems.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Formal training in GA4.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, My Emma, Mailchimp, and other software.
- Successful Background Check
Interested in this opportunity? Apply today!
CMU's COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements: As a condition of employment, Carnegie Mellon University requires all staff and faculty working in the United States to be fully vaccinated, including a booster when eligible, against COVID-19. Prior to commencement of employment, new hires in the United States must provide proof of vaccination or obtain an approved exemption. (Exemptions may be requested for medical reasons or for religious or strong moral or ethical conviction.) Staff and faculty must comply with all applicable COVID-19 mitigation requirements. Please see Minimum Requirements to Return to Campus for details regarding the university's current COVID-19 mitigation requirements.
Staff - Regular
Full Time/Part time
Please visit "Why Carnegie Mellon" to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
Click here to view a listing of employee benefits
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Statement of Assurance