Department Summary & Job Purpose:
The Senior Associate Director of Admission Marketing Strategy will ensure that the department uses the most contemporary and effective approaches for targeted and influential audiences through a variety of media including print, web, email, text, and social media. The Senior Associate is charged with the development of a sophisticated marketing strategy that aims to positively impact the conversion of prospect to inquirer, inquirer to applicant, and admitted student yield. The Senior Associate Director supports office recruitment efforts, reading, and selection, and will have oversight of several travel territories and their corresponding applicants.
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities:
45% - Marketing Strategy Development and Execution
- Partner with the AVP for Marketing and Communication, VP for Enrollment Management, and Dean of Admission to develop the overall marketing strategy for the division that includes but is not limited to print, email, web content, social media, presentations, and media releases.
- Provide strategic planning and management of all facets of prospective student marketing and social media efforts across a range of communication platforms.
- With AVP for Marketing and Communications, develop and manage a robust assessment program for enrollment marketing that provides timely feedback, maximizes results, and makes effective use of budget.
- Create drip marketing campaigns that incorporate industry-leading best practices consistent with brand guidelines. In collaboration with internal and external partners, produce content, write copy, and generate campaign ideas and frameworks for the annual drip marketing campaigns for undergraduate student recruitment.
- Lead the departmental partnership with the college marketing and communications team (MARCOM) and freelance artists assigned to admission projects.
- Develop and deploy a marketing plan that engages prospective students and key influencers, designed to increase prospective student knowledge of the college community, academic programs, mission, strategic priorities, affordability, and admission and financial aid processes. Key influencer communities include parents, college counselors, CBOs, and alum volunteers.
- With the Dean of Admission, identify unique marketing and communication needs of prospective domestic and international student communities to be incorporated into the divisional plan.
- Create a consultative environment that engages divisional directors, leadership, and cross-campus partners to ensure communication plans are aligned with short- and long-term enrollment goals.
- Lead the Admission Marketing and Communication team in their focus on content, communication through our CRM (Slate), and the production of social media content.
- Serve as a member of the Strategic Enrollment Planning Group (SEPG).
- Manage the admission communication budget for print and mailing, and solicit project cost estimates for divisional approval. Manage relationships with external creative and production vendor partners.
- Stay current with higher education marketing trends and developments and issues and policies pertaining to best practices; examine the strategies of peer, competitor, and aspirant institutions.
- Supervise two staff: the Associate Director of Enrollment Marketing and Communications and the Assistant Director of Admission and Coordinator of Social Media.
20% - Reading & Evaluation
- Read and evaluate applications from assigned territories.
- Guide and support applicants within assigned territories, including individualized outreach to applicants.
20% - Travel & Recruitment
- Travel 6-8 weeks per year (fall and spring) visiting high schools and delivering key messages about the College in public presentations (information sessions) to diverse audiences; discern most appropriate style of communication to effectively deliver messages to each unique audience population.
- Schedule recruitment appointments in assigned travel territory (including liaison work with schools, counselors, and other educational stakeholders, in addition to prospective students and families).
- Collaborate on program development, organization, and implementation of strategic admission initiatives relating to recruitment and travel.
- Represent the college nationally, and if required, internationally, at high schools and other recruitment venues. Staff college fairs, conduct interviews, deliver group information sessions, and represent the college at off-campus events.
10% - Reporting & Analytics
- Assess effectiveness of all major responsibilities within the annual cycle by using data analytics platforms and information; recommend changes and suggest new approaches in annual report format.
- Assess, evaluate, and ensure effective return on investment on communication initiatives.
- Ensure the ongoing assessment and development of new content.
5% - Other duties as assigned
- The successful candidate must have a bachelor’s degree, with five or more years of experience in positions of progressively increasing responsibility in admission, enrollment management, or marketing. In addition, the Senior Associate Director should have the following skills and characteristics:
Experience building a broad multi-channel marketing campaign including strategy and assessment.
Demonstrated outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Demonstrated success in developing publications, professional writing, editing, and proofreading.
Proven analytical and creative ability to address targeted messages to a variety of audiences.
Strong project management and organizational skills, including ability to set priorities, manage simultaneous projects, and complete projects on time.
Experience in using social media marketing tools to build brand awareness and a demonstrated interest in keeping abreast of new technologies, including social networking, social media tools, and current communication trends (including video and mobile).
Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of people and in a deadline-driven environment.
An understanding of the liberal arts and an ability to communicate its value clearly, cogently, and confidently.
Sense of humor and ability to remain flexible and nimble in carrying out multiple projects and tasks.
- Master's Degree.
- Bilingual Fluency in Spanish, Mandarin, and/or another language.
- A current, valid US driver’s license and US passport (or passport eligibility).
Mount Holyoke College is committed to providing a safe and secure environment, supported by qualified employees that will allow all of its students, faculty, staff and those associated with them to successfully carry out the mission of the college. As a condition of employment, the College will conduct appropriate background checks for all new hires. Mount Holyoke has designated the Office of Human Resources as the office responsible for ensuring that background checks (CORI, SORI, Credit History, & Driver Credential) are completed and utilized in the hiring process and Five College Office of Compliance and Risk Management as the office responsible for facilitating background checks as articulated in this policy.
Special Instructions for Applicants:
Apply online; application materials must include:
- Self-authored letters (2); 1 inviting faculty to support a fall open house program and 1 denying admission to an applicant
- A complete resume or curriculum vitae
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Mount Holyoke College is a women’s college that is gender diverse. The College is committed to providing equal access and opportunity in employment and education to all employees and students. In compliance with state and federal law, Mount Holyoke College does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, genetic information, sex, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law. The College does not discriminate on the basis of gender in the recruitment and admission of students to its graduate program.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.