Location: Champaign, Illinois
Salary: $15 / hour
4 Year Degree
2 openings available.
University of Illinois Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
Name: Internship, Marketing and Fan Engagement (2) (Title: Marketing Coordinator)
University Position Title: Pre-Professional (Academic Hourly/$15 per hour)
Primary Position Function/Summary: Generate revenue and attendance for Illinois Athletics while building and protecting the Illinois Athletics brand.
Major Duties and Responsibilities split between 2 positions:
1. Create and execute marketing plans for two assigned sports, which include Baseball, Softball, Women’s Gymnastics, Men’s Gymnastics, Wrestling, and Women’s Soccer
2. Serve as secondary contact for Men’s Basketball marketing efforts and serve as on-court director
3. Serve as on-field director for Football
4. Plan and implement all tailgating efforts within Grange Grove
5. Oversee the Illinois marketing student intern program, which includes in-office and event specific interns.
6. Lead the operation of Fighting Illini Membership groups, including Oskee Pet Club, Tiny Illini, and Fighting Illini Kids Club
7. Work athletic and community events as assigned, including Fan Appreciation Day, Family Fun Fest, Spring Game, and other events
8. Other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years’ experience working as an undergraduate or post-graduate in a college or professional sports marketing department.
- Work with game scripts, music programs and creating sport marketing plans
- Knowledge of and compliance with specific NCAA, Big Ten Conference, and institution rules as they relate to this position
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop or other design software
To apply: Submit cover letter and resume (including names of references) directly to Julia Greuel, Assistant Director of Marketing & Fan Development, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule: Start date is expected in June of 2023. Position is 40 hours a week with no benefits. Evening and weekend work are required. Your schedule may vary to accommodate evening and weekend work.