This position is responsible for the strategic development, implementation and management of all marketing and communication efforts, events and alumni relations of the Baker Institute for Entrepreneurship, Creativity and Innovation. The Lehigh community takes seriously our commitment to antiracism and The Principles of our Equitable Community.
1. Strategy development and execution *With the Baker Institute director, develop and implement an integrated strategic communications, marketing, events and alumni relations plan designed to clearly define Baker among key stakeholders, broaden awareness of programs and priorities and increase the success of programs across relevant audiences *Drive and manage project execution, including guidance of full time staff and supervision of student workers and/or contracted vendors *Oversee all matters related to marketing and communications including digital marketing, social media, brand identity and collateral production to ensure fully integrated campaigns *Identify and oversee process for obtaining relevant grant and other external funding opportunities *Deliver strategic counsel for ad hoc communication opportunities that require strategic framing
2. Content strategy and generation *Lead the creation of high-value content and a coordinated and robust means of disseminating content across the Baker Institute channels *Identify best potential news stories and collect, create, write, synthesize and edit news stories, profiles, reports for Baker websites, social media channels and print media for the purpose of reaching internal and external audiences for marketing, publicity, fundraising and recruitment purposes
3. Marketing *Oversee the strategic development of integrated marketing campaigns to publicize all programs, events, initiatives, courses, special projects, student profiles, alumni involvement and success stories utilizing a diverse variety of channels *Manage the creation and maintenance of collateral (annual report, fliers, brochures and posters, photos, videos) and execute an effective social media strategy, staying abreast of trends and channel performance *Oversee updates and continued improvements to the Baker website *Identify and pursue improvements in the use of technology to sharpen how Baker delivers messages, elevates our profile and shares content
4. Media Relations and Public Relations *Develop and implement a public relations strategy that gains positive exposure for the Baker Institute *Leverage existing relationships and cultivate new ones with relevant university communications directors, media outlets, journalists, editorial boards and others to generate broader coverage of the Baker Institute *Facilitate media interviews with appropriate persons and prepare appropriate talking points *Serve as spokesperson to internal and external audiences
5. Events *Conceptualize and manage plans for all Baker Institute events *Work closely with key stakeholders to help develop a strategic event plan and messaging. *Create timelines, convene appropriate staff, ensure that others adhere to deadlines *Manage people and resources and integrate the activities of the plan to execute events *Oversee invitation list management procedures and work with program coordinators to developing and maintaining a mailing list/database of Baker constituents *Oversee creation and production of event collateral
6. Alumni engagement and development *Work with director, entrepreneurship gift officer and Development and Alumni Relations office to identify opportunities for alumni engagement and then strategize and coordinate alumni interactions and related communications for the Baker Institute *Ensure accurate and timely tracking of alumni and Baker stakeholders
Grade: 10 - 40
Position Number: S80700
The duties of the position do not allow for a remote work option; the employee in this position will be required to work on campus where they can be fully accessible to the Lehigh community.
This position is funded by soft dollars; there is no severance associated with this position
Will have evening events at least monthly and weekend events on occasion
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Website Management or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
Three to five years related work experience
Experience with marketing and communications including active social media campaigns, interactive website management and effective copy writing to a variety of audiences
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Excellent writing ability, attention to detail and organizational skills
Adept use of digital communication
Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and a high degree of initiative for bringing tasks to completion
Excellent computer skills with experience using word processing and spreadsheet software
Supervisory experience preferred
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
All Lehigh faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated and receive a booster shot six months after their second vaccine; unless they receive an approved medical or religious exemption from the requirement.
Only complete applications will be considered therefore please complete the application in its entirety. Once the posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed.
Lehigh is a premier residential research university, ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. We are a coeducational, nondenominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.