Marketing & Membership Director (flexible/part-time; remote or in-person/NYC)
Location: New York
Type: Part Time
Commensurate to experience. Likely meaningful base salary with incentives/bonuses based on pre-agreed goals and milestones achieved.
Telecommuting is allowed.
Network 20/20 (www.network2020.org), a small, well-respected, globally-focused, membership-based, nonprofit organization is seeking a Marketing & Membership Director (part-time) to have primary responsibility for recruitment and retention of members/other “customers,” help create marketing and membership development/management plans, and lead successful implementation of approved plans. Appropriate candidates will have deep and accomplished experience in the member-based association industry, as well as be comfortable (and comfortably creative) operating within small organization/entrepreneurial environments.
This position (which could be remote and/or based in NYC), will report to the President and involve working with other staff and consultants (including on related member-based/fundraising efforts, as well as some involvement in the annual benefit/gala in the fall).
The position will involve (but will not be limited to):
· Updating and distributing information to current members as well as prospective members.
· Managing membership database.
· Keeping up to date on latest, best-practice membership recruitment/retention strategies.
· Conducting competitor research and demand for the organization’s various offerings.
· Designing and communicating the marketing/membership plan (including social media, email, CRM, etc.).
· Developing promotions and leading implementation of other aspects of marketing/membership plan.
· Building brand awareness, including positioning.
· Coordinating marketing projects from beginning to end.
· Understanding finance and budgets and their presentation.
· Identifying the company’s potential customers.
· Creating and managing marketing/advertising campaigns.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter (explaining why you believe you are appropriate for this role) to Network 20/20 President, Courtney Doggart, at email@example.com.
* experienced self-starter, able to work in flexible and dynamic environments
* knowledge of Salesforce CRM and Wordpress preferred
* interest in the relevance of international affairs and ability to convey that relevance
Network 20/20 is an inclusive international community that bridges the gap between the private sector and foreign policy worlds. We leverage entrepreneurial, established, and emerging leaders to drive innovative research and solutions to critical challenges in international affairs.