The Director of Marketing and Fan Experience is a full-time, twelve-month position with benefits, overseeing all aspects of marketing and promotions for the ETSU Athletics Department. This position reports to the Deputy Athletics Director for External Operations. This position provides daily oversight for all areas of marketing, promotions, and fan experience for ETSU Athletics including, but not limited to:
- Develop, implement, and execute comprehensive annual marketing plans for various sports.
- Design and implement marketing strategies that increase attendance and revenue, as well as enhance the fan experience and gameday atmosphere for home contests.
- Create and execute strategies that enhance engagement efforts with both campus and community constituents.
- Coordinate all aspects of digital and traditional advertising and promotion efforts, and manage the marketing operational budget.
- Work closely with ETSU Athletics’ External Operations team to implement revenue generation, ticketing, communications, broadcasting, and other creative content into marketing and fan experience planning.
- Oversee various gameday functions and develop event scripts for assigned sports.
- Assist with fulfillment of corporate partner inventory with Van Wagner, ETSU’s 3rd Party Multimedia Rights Holder for ETSU Athletics.
- Provide supervision of various external operation functions including staffing of critical gameday functions.
- Develop, implement, and execute programming initiatives that will enhance the ETSU and Buccaneer Athletics brand, generate engagement, and incremental revenue.
- Develop, implement, and execute all marketing activities for the Southern Conference and NCAA Championship events hosted by ETSU.
- Other duties as assigned.
The primary purpose of this position is to lead and execute all planning, operations, and elements of the ETSU Athletics Department marketing and fan experience functions with a high standard of excellence. This position is directly responsible for the creation, implementation, and execution of ETSU Athletic marketing and fan experience initiatives. These initiatives will enhance ETSU Athletics’ attractive brand and focus on introducing new dynamic experiences at ETSU Athletic and other select institutional and community events. A focus on implementing strategic planning to connect and engage with both internal and external constituents which includes, but is not limited to, season ticket holders, donors, fans, students, ETSU faculty staff, corporate partners, community members, etc.
The value of employment at ETSU goes far beyond salary. Regular benefited ETSU employees enjoy a full range of benefits, services and programs including paid time off & leave, paid holidays, health and life insurance, retirement, access to University facilities and services and much more! Check out the ETSU Human Resources Benefits page for additional information. https://www.etsu.edu/human-resources/benefits/.
ETSU is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all of our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. Successful candidates should have a demonstrated commitment and contribution to fostering and advancing equity, diversity and inclusion. East Tennessee State University (ETSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Experience and knowledge of sports marketing and fan experience strategies.
Experience with sports management and oversight of athletics game day marketing and fan experience operations.
Familiarly with Adobe photoshop software is preferred.
Attention to detail.
Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Power Point and other computer skills required.
Self-starter with an outstanding work ethic.
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
Ability to demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy.
Strong teamwork aptitude.
Strong customer service skills.
Excellent communication, presentation, and listening skills.
Ability to work independently and coordinate multiple tasks.
Employee shall adhere to all applicable rules and regulations of East Tennessee State University, the Southern Conference, and the NCAA.
Employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
Education Bachelor’s Degree required.
Required Work Experience Two years of experience in a collegiate or professional athletics setting or a related field with a proven successful experience in achieving marketing, engagement, and fan experience planning goals (may consider relevant graduate assistantship and/or part time experience) .
Three or more years of experience in a collegiate or professional athletics setting or a related field with a proven successful experience in achieving marketing, engagement, and fan experience planning goals.