Can you shepherd and expand the leading brand in heavy-duty vehicle front and back end protection?
Do you have the financial acumen to choose the highest return marketing opportunities for discretionary marketing dollars?
Are you able to think outside the box and can utilize creativity to approach the market in unique ways?
Do you have a systemic approach at data collection and analysis to drive your decision process?
Can you partner and serve with the Vice President of Sales and the sales team to createa powerful one-two punch in the marketplace?
Are you a Lean Leader, who fully subscribes to kaizens - (PDCA) Plan, Do, Check, Adjust - and other Lean Thinking?
Are you able to support the development of joint ventures, affiliations, and partnership arrangements?
RanchHand is in search of an ambitious and goal-driven VP of Marketing who will continue to expand the brand geographically and pursue a high growth strategy. This position is responsible for providing strategic leadership for the department by guiding the team on the lean journey. The individual will be eager to begin market research and planning strategic direction for promotion and advertising. With a considerable background in marketing and planning, the candidate will be well equipped with strategic and analytical practices. The VP of Marketing will report directly to the Ranch Hand President. In conjunction with the Ranch Hand executive team, the individual will be responsible for developing business models that encourage the success of the department.
Ranch Hand is the leading brand in the United States in front end and back end grille guards and bumpers. However, the focus must be on increasing market penetration rather than market share. Currently, the estimated market penetration of the product with either our product or a competitor product is less than 3%. As the industry leader, it is incumbent on Ranch Hand to expand the market providing and communicating the value proposition to the customer. There are areas of the United States where the product and Ranch Hand are relatively unknown. In addition, the marketing department typically has the largest discretionary budget anywhere in the company, but the rigor is often far less on the return of the investment. As the tip of the spear in any go-to market strategy, the Vice President of Marketing is more akin to the Chief Investment Officer. This position requires the ability to distinguish between the infinite marketing opportunities, choosing those with the highest return both in long term brand building and in sales support.
Strategic vision and leadership
• Develop the annual marketing plan and the strategies, tactics, and resources necessary to achieve system and goals while creating visual KPI tracking and adherence.
• Provide marketing skills and expertise to the division by building, developing and managing a marketing team capable of carrying out the necessary marketing strategies and tactics.
• Provide input and support to the company’s leadership in the development of joint ventures, affiliations, and partnership arrangements.
• Create a data-driven understanding of the different markets in the United States and where Ranch Hand should engage in these markets.
• Provide leadership, direction, and management of the market research function.
• Create and monitor marketing department budget.
• Develop functional processes that foster continuous improvement and efficiency.
• Ensure all marketing communications are coordinated and support marketing plan objectives and are an effective expenditure of resources.
• Create an institutional and system-wide marketing reporting function that can track,measure, and analyze performance.
• Inspire Ranch Hand to “break new ground,”leveraging innovation to create amazing marketing campaigns and clear communication.
Day to Day
• Demonstrate and teach lean thinking.
• Communicate with coworkers, management, clients,and others in a courteous and professional manner.
• Promote the Kaspar Companies values within the organization of family, stewardship, and versatility.
• Cultivate a strong and transparent working relationship with employees.
• Conform to and abide by all regulations,policies, work procedures, and instructions.
• HAVE FUN!!
About Ranch Hand Truck Accessories
In 1986, a Texas rancher installed the very first Ranch Hand on the front of his truck. Today, Ranch Hand grille guards and bumper replacements are found on vehicles all over the nation. Although Ranch Hand started small, we have since developed into a large-scale operation. Our facilities span a total of 320,000 square feet and hold more than 230 Ranch Hand employees, collectively processing over 65,000 pounds of steel each day. Staying true to our roots, Ranch Hand products are proudly made in two small Texas towns: Shiner and Beeville.Ranch Hand is a subsidiary of Kaspar Companies. Established in 1898, Kaspar Companies has been doing business in South Texas through five generations of family ownership, 20 recessions, one depression, two world wars, numerous oil embargoes, several steel shortages and 20 presidential administrations.