The National Society of Collegiate Scholars (NSCS) is an honors organization that recognizes and elevates high achieving freshmen and sophomores at two-year, four year and online institutions. With its three pillars of scholarship, leadership and service, NSCS is proud to provide career and graduate school connections, leadership and service opportunities and gives out more than a million dollars in scholarships, awards and chapter funds annually.
NSCS has over 320 chapters nationwide, more than 1.5 million lifetime members globally and is a 501c3 registered nonprofit.
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing
General Scope of Responsibility The new Associate Director, Marketing (Direct Response) will be responsible for facilitating the execution of all direct marketing campaigns to include project management, art, approvals, analysis, testing, fulfillment and deployment. This is a high impact, highly visible and exciting position for someone looking to take an existing program and grow it to new levels.
20% Strategy (in partnership with the director), planning, fiscal, and performance management
1. Plan, manage, report on and create systems and processes for the new Recruitment 365
2. Lead performance tracking and key metrics of all marketing campaigns across multiple channels.
3. Ensure campaigns meet budgetary requirements and effectively monitor and control spending.
4. Work closely with the director of marketing to keep plans connected to organizational priorities including revenue and expense targets.
5. Ensure continual innovation in work product – drive improvement and testing for recurring and triggered behavioral campaigns.
1. Lead the development and deployment of all direct marketing materials for recruitment activation – including print, digital and other omni-channel approaches.
2. Develop segmentation strategy, specific audience selection, and optimal campaign performance.
3. Identify and manage external service providers and freelance creative talent when appropriate.
4. Prepare and communicate monthly and quarterly campaign summaries including results, lessons learned, and key performance indicators.
5. Develop and manage ongoing testing strategy for campaigns, lead sources, messaging, calls to actions, and landing pages.
6. Project manage to deliver work on time and on budget; hold individual team members and external assets accountable for their pieces of the overarching plan.
7. Manage adherence to full direct response campaign production schedules; coordinate production calls and meetings that include both internal and external partners; implement copy and design for test packages; manage and communicate strict campaign deadlines; and, ensure adherence to the campaign process flow.
8. Facilitate execution of all direct marketing campaigns, direct mail copy editing, art, approvals, analysis, and fulfillment.
9. Manage day-to-day relationships with external vendors to implement multi-channel direct response marketing programs relative to creative development, print production, and data needs.
10. Ensure brand, standard content, and overall messaging are correct in all new and repeat artwork, campaigns, etc.
11. Support organizational goals by providing quality customer service, participating in performance improvement efforts, and demonstrating a commitment to teamwork and cooperation.
1. 8 + years of direct response marketing experience including campaign development, execution, reporting and analytics, testing and management of all or portions of the process.
2. Strong project management including forward planning of multiple and simultaneous projects/steps/actions.
3. Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel; hands on experience with CRMs.
4. Understanding and experience with marketing automation.
5. Experience in reporting of key marketing metrics such as cost per lead, lifetime value, conversion cost, etc.
6. Extreme attention to detail and accuracy required.
7. Knowledge and experience of test and learn methods for optimizing direct response marketing efforts.
8. Exceptional interpersonal, writing, organizational, communication and presentation skills.
9. Experience working on a small and mighty team with initial resource allocations.
10. Eagerness to learn and a drive to succeed; willingness to course correct as needed and in real time.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate how he/she meets the above ten qualifications, gets excited by change, is resourceful and agile, and has the ability to offer constructive feedback. Additionally, he/she is able to turn big ideas into executable plans within short time frames.
NSCS offers a generous benefits package, to include unlimited paid time off (vacation and sick), paid medical, dental and vision, cell-phone stipend, casual dress work environment, and much more. Centrally located in downtown DC, interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The National Society of Collegiate Scholars
The National Society of Collegiate Scholars (NSCS) is an honors organization that recognizes and elevates high achieving freshmen and sophomores at two-year, four-year and online institutions. With its three pillars of scholarship, leadership and service, NSCS is proud to provide career and graduate school connections, leadership and service opportunities, and is proud to give out more than a million dollars in scholarships, awards and chapter funds annually.
NSCS has over 320 chapters nationwide, more than 1.5 million lifetime members globally and is a 501(c)(3) registered nonprofit.
NSCS offers its staff autonomy and the opportunity to build great benefits for members, while growing and learning as professionals.