The Manager, Marketing Communications will promote GMA and its agenda to key internal and external audiences including members, allied trade associations, third party groups and industry trade press.
In this role you will develop and implement marketing communications strategies for small- to mid-sized conferences, specialized workshops, webinars & online-courses, publications, and fee-for-service programs in addition to managing house space content in GMA SmartBrief newsletter and serving as administrator for the GMA website and event microsites.
Much of the day-to-day work is performed as part of, or leader of, collaborative cross-functional project teams.
Your interpersonal and project planning skills will be crucial to achieving results in these key accountability areas:
• Develop and execute integrated marketing communications strategies that effectively reach target audiences and increase audience engagement.
• Create or manage production of advertisements, brochures, flyers, PowerPoint presentations, banners, direct mail, and email marketing communications to support marketing campaigns in addition to tracking performance analytics and marketing expenditures on assigned projects.
• Solicit in-kind advertising through event media sponsorships and develop a proposal of promotional benefits offered to industry trade publishers, tailored for each event.
• Provide project management and coordinate graphic design materials, third-party design, print and mailing vendors/activities.
• Manage design, layout, content and updates to the association's event websites in addition to supporting company website content updates utilizing GMA's CMS and CRM systems.
• Manage GMA's input on the co-sponsored electronic newsletter (GMA SmartBrief) including development of regular, timely content, placement of monthly display ads and reporting on usage/subscription/click through rates.
The best candidates for this position will hold a Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Journalism or Communications plus at least 3 years of work experience in marketing, advertising or public relations with a focus on event or membership marketing preferred.
You must demonstrate that you have excellent creative copywriting and editing skills with strong attention to details plus experience executing print, email and digital marketing campaigns to meet/exceed objectives. The ideal candidate will be proficient with technology including databases, content management systems, MS Suite, and email marketing platforms and will have an appreciation for marketing metrics and list segmentation with an eye toward continuous improvement.
Finally, you should have a collaborative mindset coupled with the skills to organize and prioritize a busy desk to meet deadlines and stakeholder expectations.
If this sounds like you, GMA offers a collegial team-based work culture, flexible work environment and opportunity for professional growth. To learn more about GMA please see us at: www.gmaonline.org. To learn more about this opportunity or to apply please forward your letter of interest and a current resume marked attention HR17-14 to email@example.com.
The Grocery Manufacturers Association (GMA) is the trade organization representing the world’s leading food, beverage and consumer products companies and associated partners. The U.S. food, beverage and consumer packaged goods industry plays a unique role as the single largest U.S. manufacturing employment sector, with 2.1 million jobs in 30,000 communities across the country that deliver products... vital to the wellbeing of people in our nation and around world. Founded in 1908, GMA has a primary focus on product safety, science-based public policies and industry initiatives that seek to empower people with the tools and information they need to make informed choices and lead healthier lives. For more information, visit gmaonline.org.
GMA is an equal opportunity employer that supports a diverse workforce. We seek candidates for employment based on knowledge, skills and abilities that are relevant to job performance. We do not discriminate on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.