The Director of Advancement Communication is a strategic corporate position responsible for communication efforts in support of Bethesda’s brand that advance fundraising goals, donor engagement and organizational awareness of Bethesda. The Director is responsible for creating informative, persuasive, targeted and inspiring content that communicates the impact donors are making and reasons for investing in Bethesda. The Director will be part of a multi-functional Marketing & Communication team that includes graphic design, video production, marketing, internal communications, events and volunteer services.
Responsibilities: Develop and execute a robust multi-channel donor marketing and strategic communications strategy to raise the visibility of Bethesda and increase philanthropic support for Bethesda.
Oversee and direct initiatives related to content development, management and quality oversight that maintain regular communication to donor segments, key external audiences and community partners. They include but are not limited to the:
- Management of content and functionality of donor engagement strategies on Bethesda’s website.
- Incorporation of fundraising strategies into organizational social media efforts.
- Management of the editorial process for donor newsletters, publications and electronic communications.
- Development of new and ongoing fundraising campaign materials.
- Development of press releases in response to the editorial calendar, significant gift announcements and publicity opportunities for gifts or major donors.
- Development of presentations and dynamic content for executive and staff utilization that support current campaigns or initiatives.
- Ideation of donor events or volunteer recruitment efforts in support of fund raising initiatives.
Collaborates with the Director of Annual Giving to integrate solicitation and marketing schedules, ensure consistency in messaging, offer cross promotion strategies and coordinate resources across the donor relations and communications teams.
Provide leadership and strategic direction to direct staff and leads collaboration efforts with professional colleagues to meet project goals.
Bachelors degree in communications, journalism or related field required.A minimum of 5-7 years professional communication experience, preferable with major gifts, donor campaigns or planned giving.
Experience must include demonstrated writing, proofreading and editing abilities.
Must have an understanding of the design, implementation, and maintenance of a comprehensive organizational advancement program.
Ability to work well within team structure and to interact successfully with staff at varying levels of the institution.
Superior oral and written communications skills; experienced public speaker.
Must thrive under minimal supervision within a busy corporate office environment and is self-directed to accomplish scheduled and requested initiatives accurately, on time and with excellence.
Must have a philosophy that is consonant with the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of the organization.
Must be able to think creatively, strategically and handle multiple projects with attention to deadlines and accuracy.
Must have excellent proof reading skills.
The ability to set priorities, make decisions, and readily adjust to change
Bethesda is a nation-wide Christian organization that provides homes and other services for people with developmental disabilities to help them live the lives they want. If you’re not just looking for a job and have a passion for helping others, you will find fulfillment at Bethesda.