Valdosta-Lowndes Co. Conference Center & Tourism Authority
April 22, 2018
Full Time - Experienced
4 Year Degree
The Valdosta-Lowndes Co. (Ga.) Conference Center & Tourism Authority is accepting resumes for a Director of Marketing. This full-time, salaried position requires an individual with strong advertising placement and public relations skills of a diverse nature, social media experience, organizational skills and enthusiasm for the travel and tourism industry. Ideal candidate will have 3 years of destination marketing and public relations experience or comparable experience. Strong communications skills and willingness to take initiative is a must. Some travel is required and candidates must be comfortable on a trade show floor. Computer skills, including Excel, Adobe and PowerPoint are essential. Excellent graphic arts skills will distinguish a candidate. Interested candidates should e-mail resumes and salary requirements to email@example.com no later than May 18. No phone calls.
- College degree or equivalent experience.
- Prior destination marketing experience (3 years) or comparable.
- Must live in or be willing to relocate to Lowndes County, Georgia.
- 80% of work day is spent sitting.
- Must be able to walk and stand for lengthy periods when working trade shows.
- Ability to read a computer screen from 1-3 feet.
- Must present self in a mature, professional manner at all times.
- Must be able to travel as required.
- Must respect authority and the organizational hierarchy.
About Valdosta-Lowndes Co. Conference Center & Tourism Authority
The Valdosta-Lowndes Co. Conference Center & Tourism Authority markets Valdosta and Lowndes County, Georgia as a choice destination for leisure travel, group meetings and events and sports tournaments. The VLCCCTA also operates the James H. Rainwater Conference Center.