Responsible for oversight and management of department’s marketing and promotions through creative development and design of marketing materials, communications and collaboration in promotional activities or campaigns. Serves as member of marketing team to maximize opportunity for revenue generation.
1. Responsible for the development of print and multi media advertising and promotion designed to drive season and group ticket sales.
2. Leads the creation of graphics to be used for various social media platforms.
3. Identifies, develops and manages marketing initiatives to enhance attendance and fan engagement at athletic events and student attendance initiatives.
4. Responsible for game day promotional events and activities at sporting events that have interactive promotional activities. Oversees event logistics including half-time shows, sponsor contract agreement obligations, develops scripts and provides game day summary.
5. This position is expected to manage the in game promotions for at least 2-3 sports in season with potential for growth with other sports in game promotions. This person is also responsible for managing and delegating duties to a Marketing and Promotions assistant in the same regards.
6. Serves as a liaison between the athletics department, the University community and external constituencies.
7. Collaborates in efforts to identify, contact and solidify corporate sponsorships to meet annual revenue goals.
8. Develops and manages database of current and prospective sponsors and serves as resource to unit’s marketing team.
9. Supervises Dance Team Coach and provides oversight of Pep Band during athletic events.
10. Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned or requested.
• Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in communications, journalism, advertising, or related field. • Two (2) years’ experience developing successful promotional communications campaigns.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work requires frequent walking, standing and sitting. Occasional climbing stairs, walking across campus, stooping and reaching. May be required to lift/carry up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel: Work performed both in office and various athletic venues. Work required during non-regular business hours including evenings and weekends. Requires some out-of-town travel to conference competitions and events.
Valid driver’s license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the University’s fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University and its insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.
• Experience in athletic or sports environment. • Excellent written and verbal communications skills. • Strong interpersonal skills. • A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with colleagues and external constituencies. • Advanced knowledge of current advertising strategy and techniques. • Understanding of print-production and visual presentation of written information. • Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and programming languages including HTML highly desired. • Working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
Internal Number: 201301324P
About University of the Pacific
Pacific is one of the most distinctive, student-centered national universities in the West. We offer undergraduates accelerated degree programs, vast study abroad opportunities, hands-on learning, a four-year graduation guarantee, a broad selection of courses, and according to U.S. News & World Report, a “Great School at a Great Price."